Daniel Wiggins is a Managing Director at MorrisAnderson with notable turnaround and transaction experience. In building value for his clients Daniel focuses on enhancing stakeholder relationships that optimize business continuity and he frequently leads negotiations with clients’ key suppliers, customers, and lenders – particularly during restructuring initiatives. An additional focus of Daniel’s engagements is mentoring management and developing strategies during times while the company may be operating outside its normal course of business.
Prior to joining MorrisAnderson Daniel held financial and operational executive positions at domestic and international manufacturing and distribution companies with revenues ranging from $30 million to over $1 billion.
Daniel is a Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP), a member of the Turnaround Management Association (TMA), a member of American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) and is a Certified Treasury Professional alumnus. He holds a BA degree in Marketing and Accounting and a MBA in Finance.
Daniel advises companies on optimizing cash flow, performance improvements, contingency planning, refinancing, recapitalization, divestitures and acquisitions, insolvency proceedings and out-of-court restructurings. He also serves in interim management positions and frequently advises lenders and equity participants on collateral valuations and compliance issues.
Daniel has extensive expertise in manufacturing and distribution in several industry sectors including automotive, building materials, food & beverage, medical surgical devices, pharmaceuticals, and plastics. Additional experience includes transportation, healthcare services, metals, construction, and nonprofit organizations.
RECENT WORK EXPERIENCE
- Operation restructuring and refinancing for a commercial construction contractor
- Operation restructuring for a metal fabricator
- Operation restructuring and refinancing for a food manufacturer/distributor
- Operation restructuring, refinancing and sale for a truckload carrier
- Receiver for an apparel wholesaler and retailer
- Operational restructuring and refinancing for a healthcare service provider
- Sell-side advisor for pharmaceutical manufacturer’s international operations
- Operation restructuring and refinancing for food distributor
- Receiver for healthcare services provider
- Buy-side advisor for metal processor
- Advised nonprofit to develop options for restructuring its debt
- Advised pharmaceutical company in restructuring its financial and cash management efforts while operating under a consent decree from the FDA
- Financial advisor for manufacturer during its Chapter 11 bankruptcy and its subsequent 363 sale