Adplex - Rhodes
Multi-plant printing ad specialty and proprietary artwork layout software solutions developer. $200 million in revenues. $50 million debt.
- Revenues were dropping for several years.
- Ad specialty market shift from print media to internet coupled with the Great Recession led to significant volume losses at each facility.
- Company was slow to react to volume losses, which resulted in million-dollar operating losses annually and loan covenant violations.
- There was a high probability the Company would lose their financing.
- MorrisAnderson engaged by the Company to perform a viability assessment and restructuring plan.
- MorrisAnderson engineered a comprehensive crisis management, turnaround, and cash management strategy to re-engineer and right size the Company.
- Plant consolidations and corporate right sizing reduced operating expenses by over a million dollars annually.
- Accelerated development and marketing of the Company’s proprietary layout software to augment revenues and open new market revenue generating opportunities.
- MorrisAnderson team identified cost reductions exceeding a million dollars annually.
- Cost reductions, combined with the accelerated software development and marketing revenue program, resolved lender concerns and reestablished banking relationships, preserving all existing borrowing.
- Management was able to return company to profitability while generating sufficient positive cash flow to service all business obligations and debt service.
- Re-established the banking relationship with the primary lender avoiding costly re-financing efforts.