Marilyn K. Hornback
Marilyn K. Hornback is a consultant at MorrisAnderson. She is board certified in healthcare management as a Fellow in The American College of Healthcare Executives, a professional in healthcare quality and healthcare risk management with over forty years of experience in the healthcare industry.
Her experience includes administration/management, claims, compliance, consulting, insurance, medical staff services, performance improvement and risk management in positions from Risk Management Assistant to Vice President. She has worked extensively with hospitals, nursing /assisted living facilities, healthcare facilities and physician practices nationwide ranging in size from individual practices and small community-based hospitals to large multi-specialty teaching hospitals, integrated delivery systems and multi-specialty physician organizations.
Achieved positive and quantifiable results for companies in the Healthcare industry.
REPRESENTATIVE WORK EXPERIENCE
- Expert Witness for Hospital regarding compliance issues in a medical malpractice trial. Involved from Investigation, deposition and Trial Preparation. Case was settled two days into trial.
- Project Manager for a Risk Management/Claims/Patient Relations software implementation to one of the nation’s top healthcare system.
- Conducting “mock” JCAHO surveys and assisting in accreditation readiness for hospitals, long-term care facilities and occupational health organizations.
- Project Manager for an operational assessment of an assisted living organization (200 facilities in 20 states) to determine financial viability. Client was the financial investors.
- Project Manager for a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Patient Care Ombudsman programs involving assessing and reporting for: 25 Nursing Home Facilities in VT, NH, MA, RI and CT; multi facility hospital system in Pontiac MI; and an IV Infusion Therapy operation in Northeast Ohio.
- Assisted in the closing of a multi-specialty teaching hospital, a community hospital and acquisition transition of two community hospitals.
Marilyn has a Bachelor of Science – Business Administration degree from Towson State University in Maryland and earned a Health Care Compliance certificate at the University of Pennsylvania.