Patrick M. Palella
Pat is a Senior Director at MorrisAnderson. He has over three decades of experience working with start-up, financially distressed, and underperforming companies. His previous roles include serving in senior management, interim management and consulting.
Prior to joining MorrisAnderson, Pat operated his own management consulting firm. He held senior executive positions in the following industries; investments, technology, multi-media, higher education, and mortgage banking. Pat has an MBA from the Mendoza College of Business, The University of Notre Dame.
Pat has been instrumental in the successful liquidation of two mortgage banks. He has been involved in numerous equity and debt financings in various industries. He was the steward of turn-around situations at two technology firms. When he took the senior management role, neither company was profitable. Both of these entities attained profitability and were sold at high multiples. Pat has also improved operational efficiency, increased market share, opened new markets, and increased product offerings in various industries from higher education to retail.
Pat’s consulting history includes the following industries: investments, technology, multi-media, mortgage banking, private equity, retail, intermodal trucking, fin-tech, higher education, and real estate.
REPRESENTATIVE WORK EXPERIENCE
- Hired by a private equity firm to act as the interim CEO for a failing mortgage bank with a large portfolio of non/under performing loans. Under strict federal regulations, satisfied the bank warehouse lines of credit and positioned performing loans with quality loan service companies.
- At the request of a private equity firm, took over the senior management position of a tier one data center that was in financial distress. Increased revenues, reduced expenses, and positioned the company for a profitable sale.
- Arranged private debt financing for an intermodal trucking firm that was faced with the liquidation of a partner that would have bankrupted the company.
- Advised a multi-generation manufacturing family on various aspects of “family office” investment decisions. Large-scale real estate liquidations and trust/estate settlement issues.
- Conducted a feasibility study for a major university on the strategic direction of several of their graduate degree programs. This resulted in the canceling of a failing program, allowing critical assets to be deployed in more profitable disciplines.